A guest post from:
The OTN Discussion Forums are about to get a major overhaul. More than a simple upgrade, we're doing a complete content migration to a brand new platform for the Oracle Technology Network (more...)
Two Oracle Technology Network events coming up next week in New York City will answer several critical questions for architects and developers. One question is, "Where can I get a couple of free meals?" Another question is, "Where can I learn more about Cloud Computing and Big Data and (more...)
More than 2,100 people now follow the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. The list below reflects the Top 10 most popular items shared on that page for the week of April 21-27, 2013.
- Oracle BPM 11g Mobile Worklist with ADF Mobile | Andrejus Baranovski
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shares the (more...)
|Photo by Kevin Mazur
What is software architecture?In The Changing Field of Software Architecture authors Rick Kazman, Len Bass, Paul Clements offer this answer, a quote from their book Software Architecture in Practice:
The software architecture of a system is the set of structures needed to (more...)
What are you looking at?
Here's this week's list of last week's most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page
- Oracle BPM Suite PS6 (18.104.22.168 ) available for download
Links, screenshots, and more in this overview from SOA Community blogger Juergen Kress.
- ADF DVT: Using the (more...)
The Top 10 most popular items shared via the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of March 24-30, 2013
- Installing and Configuring BI Admin Tool for Fusion Applications | FMW A-Team
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team architect known only as Richard describes the steps to install the BI Admin (more...)
The Top 10 most popular tweets shared via @OTNArchBeat for March 2013
- Oracle Service Bus (OSB) for the Busy IT Professional | @FrankMunz #soa #weblogic
Mar 26, 2013 at 07:45 AM
- Video: @lonnekedikmans and @rluttikhuizen talk about #SOA Made Simple #oracleace
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
- Free Oracle Learning (more...)
Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir has many fans, apparently. He shows up three times in this list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN Archbeat Facebook page for the week of March 17-23, 2013.
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast series focuses on Customer Experience (CX) as it relates to enterprise IT, and the role Oracle WebCenter can play in meeting customer experience challenges. My guests for this program are three gentlemen who have helped organizations tackle some of those challenges.
- John Brunswick
What are you watching?
Here are the Top 10 most popular videos on the Oracle Technology Network YouTube Channel for the past 30 days.
- Interview: Dr. Frank Munz "Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Distintive Recipes"
Dr. Frank Munz, the author of "Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Distinctive Recipes," talks about his new book, the companion series of videos, and upcoming speaking engagements.
- APEX 4.2 Mobile App Development
Marc Sewtz, from the core Oracle Application Express Development Team, demos the new features he built into APEX4.2 to support Mobile App Development.
- Lucas Jellema: SOA, Events, BPM, and Oracle ADF
Oracle ACE (more...)
Regular readers of this blog, or the Architect Community column in Oracle Magazine, or listeners to the OTN ArchBeat Podcast may recognize the names Lonneke Dikmans and Ronald van Luttikhuizen. Managing partners at Vennster, Lonneke and Ronald are Oracle ACE Directors with formidable skills as specialists in SOA and Middleware, but I can't remember a time either has declined a request to lend their knowledge as a podcast panelist or as source for an article. Despite having the kind of hectic schedules you might expect for such talented IT pros, Lonneke and Ronald managed to find the time to (more...)
You click, I listen. Here's the Top 10 most popular items shared via the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of March 3-9, 2013.
- Oracle Unified Method - Level 4D - Enterprise Architecture Delivery Readiness - Module 1 - Course Introduction
Part of Oracle University's series of free, self-service, self-paced training courses in support of the Oracle Unified Method (OUM).
- ADF Mobile : Implementing the “Pull to Refresh” Pattern | Luc Bors
Luc Bors had to figure out a way to implement the “Pull to Refresh” pattern in ADF Mobile for a recent project. He shares what he learned (more...)
The list below reflects the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of February 24 - March 2, 2013.
- ArchBeat Community Survey: Tech Trends in 2013
In a recent ArchBeat Podcast (What Really Matters in 2013?) you heard three working architects discuss the trends and technologies they felt would have the greatest impact on their work in 2013. Now it's your turn. Take this OTN ArchBeat Facebook survey about the trends and technologies that will have the greatest impact on your work in 2013
- Oracle BPM 11g Performance Tuning Whitepaper (more...)
In February I shared 109 links to blogs and other resources via @OTNArchBeat, mostly created by members of the OTN architecty community. Here's a list of the Top 10 most popular tweets for the month.
- #Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Certified Master exam - Part 1 $50 during beta period.
Feb 26, 2013 at 09:30 AM
- Video interview with @lucasjellema #SOA #BPM #ADF
Feb 13, 2013 at 03:41 PM
- How To Troubleshoot #Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Auto-Discovery | @jer_s
Feb 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM
- WebLogic, Coherence and the G1 Collector | Rene van Wijk
Feb 12, (more...)