If you're keeping an eye on the Oracle license rules you'll know that you need to make sure that when you're designing in AWS you make the most of every CPU that has an Oracle license attached too it.
Here's our rundown of how to design and use AWS features to maximise those licenses.
- Design for zero waste. In the past we might have Oracle nodes that didn't do very much. Those DR servers, or (more...)
Higher eduction establishments around the world use Peoplesoft Campus Solutions from Oracle to manage their key business processes.
In this reference architecture we look at the key requirements for Campus Solutions and the technical solutions that can be deployed on the Amazon Web Services Cloud.
Availability: Campus solutions needs a high availability infrastructure to ensure that both the administrative and student users can access data at all times. This solution uses multiple web and (more...)
When you move your Oracle database to AWS there are a number of ways to handle licensing. You can either:
- Bring your own licenses for a self managed Oracle installation on an EC2 instance
- Bring your own licenses for an Oracle Relational Databases Service instance
- Use pay as you go licensing for an Oracle Relational Database Service instance
Of course you need to be sure that you’re getting best value from your licenses - in (more...)
One thing that comes up in every clckwrk engagement is the issue of getting connected to the cloud. It’s a common issue so worth lining up the options and seeing which is going to work for you. We’ve listed below the 3 most common paths for connecting your office or data centre to the AWS cloud and the pro’s and con’s of each.
- the simplest and by far the most common way (more...)