This Log Buffer Edition gathers a wide sample of blogs and then purifies the best ones from Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- If you take a look at the “alter user” command in the old 9i documentation, you’ll see this: DEFAULT ROLE Clause.
- There’s been an interesting recent discussion on the OTN Database forum regarding “Index blank blocks after a large update that was rolled back.”
- 12c Parallel Execution New Features: 1 (more...)
The Log Buffer Edition once again is sparkling with some gems, hand-picked from Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Oracle GoldenGate 126.96.36.199.1 is now certified with Unity 14.10. With this certification, customers can use Oracle GoldenGate to deliver data to Teradata Unity which can then automate the distribution of data to multiple Teradata databases.
- How do I change DNS servers on Exadata storage servers.
- Flushing Shared Pool Does Not Slow (more...)
This Log Buffer Edition covers various blog posts from the last week regarding Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Merging Overlapping Date Ranges with MATCH_RECOGNIZE
- The latest version of Enterprise Manager, EM 188.8.131.52, has been announced!
- Kdump is the Linux kernel crash-dump mechanism. In the event of a server crash, Kdump creates a memory image (vmcore) that can help in determining the cause of the crash.
- APEX Connect Presentation and Download of (more...)
This Log Buffer edition transcends beyond ordinary and loop in few of the very good blog posts from Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Variable selection also known as feature or attribute selection is an important technique for data mining and predictive analytics.
- The Oracle Utilities SDK V184.108.40.206.2 has been released and is available from My Oracle Support for download.
- This article provides a high level list of the new features (more...)
select function_name,sum(SMALL_READ_MEGABYTES)/1024 SM_Read_GB,
sum(LARGE_READ_MEGABYTES)/1024 LG_Read_GB, sum(LARGE_WRITE_MEGABYTES)/1024 LG_Write_GB,
group by function_name;