It is almost time for Collaborate 2013. For those of you attending, here is my schedule:
I will also be working in the Oracle User Experience demo pod and visiting in the PeopleTools demo pod. I look forward to seeing you there!
We put together a podcast with a short Q&A from our latest book PeopleSoft PeopleTools Data Management and Upgrade Handbook. If you have been wondering whether or not to buy the book, listen to this podcast. Perhaps it will help you make an informed decision.
Integration Broker has become a critical service for PeopleSoft applications. If you are new to Integration Broker or are having trouble with Integration Broker configuration, then take a look at this new Integration Broker course published by my friends at CGI consulting. The course consists of an 84 page instructional PDF and a couple of source files. The course covers everything from configuration to using SoapUI. Here are some highlights:
- Setting up Integration Broker
- Publishing a CI based service
- Testing a web service (CI or otherwise) with SoapUI
- Calling a service from PeopleCode
- Application Class PeopleCode handlers
- Routing transformations
- JDeveloper (more...)
Alliance 2013 in Indianapolis is just around the corner. Here is my schedule:
- Meet the Experts (Technical) March 18th at 2:30 PM
- 31719 PeopleTools Developer: Tips & Techniques on Monday, March 18th at 4:30 PM in Sagamore 4
- 31723 Delivering a Ground-Breaking User Interface Using PeopleTools and the Interaction Hub on Tuesday, March 19th at 11 AM in Sagamore 4
- Meet the Experts (Technical) March 19th at 12:00 PM
Disclaimer: the following post is not a full solution. It is just a series of very simple examples showing how to implement message broadcasting. A production grade solution may look very similar (just as simple as this, in fact), but with one critical difference: security. I left security out of the examples to focus strictly on how to broadcast notifications. DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS SOLUTION WITHOUT FIRST SECURING THE CLIENT CONNECTIONS!! I give some security ideas at the end of this post.
In the OTN forums, a customer recently asked how to push notification messages from the server to (more...)