SOASuite12c – BPEL: JTA transaction is not in active state

Yesterday I ran into this pretty weird problem.

A bit of context...

I have two BPEL services to generate documents using BIP. One I created earlier that is based on a generic XML used by BIP to generate multiple letters. Now I had to create another one that is a report, so uses another XML. I generated an XSD for both XML's but since they haven't got a namespace, but same element names, I can't (more...)

Garbage First in JDeveloper

At my current customer we work with VDI's: Virtual Desktop Images, that at several times a day very, very slow. Even so slow that it more or less stalls for a minute or two.

JDeveloper is not known as a Ferrari under the IDE's. One of the causes is that by default heap settings is very poor: 128M-800M. Especially when you use it in  SOA or BPM Quickstart then at startup it will need to (more...)

Modify your nodemanager.properties in wlst

In 2016 I did several posts on automatic installs of Fusion MiddleWare, including domain creation using wlst.

With weblogic 12c you automatically get a pre-configured per-domain nodemanager. But you might find the configuration not completely suiting your whishes.

It would be nice to update the nodemanager.properties file to with your properties in the same script.

Today I started with upgrading our Weblogic Tuning and Troubleshooting training to 12c, and one of the steps is (more...)

BPM BAC Subversion Server refusing connections Revised

A little background

In April I wrote about our BPM Server installation, that is actually a single host cluster on dev and test. But installed like it was a dual-node  server, so we had a cloned domain.

A BPM installation has a component that is called the Process Asset Manager. Under the hood it uses a replicated SubVersion server. Each node has one, so they had to synchronize. But since we're on the same host, (more...)