I previously blogged about deploying a Meteor application to Bluemix as follows
The following Buildpack created by an Internal IBM employee streamlines the process of deployment and avoids the need for ENV variables with the pushed application, here;s how. It's also detailed in the GitHub buildpack URL below.https://github.com/bancha001/bluemix-buildpack-meteor
1. Create .cfignore
to exclude the path 'local' to be uploadedpas@pass-mbp:~/ibm/software/meteor/simple-todos$ cat .cfignore
2. Create a manifest.yml (more...)
In this post I show what is necessary to deploy a simple Meteor application to IBM Bluemix public instance. In this example we already have a simple Meteor application we have tested and verified using "meteor" itself , running on localhost at port 3000.
1. Lets remove the local DB files, be careful as this will remove the local DB so you should do this when your ready to deploy to Bluemix only.pas@pass-mbp:~/ibm/software/meteor/myfirst_app$ meteor (more...)
I decided to give the IBM Containers service a quick test drive today. I used this very simple example available at the following GitHub URLhttps://github.com/Samze/ibm-containers-simple-node-example
1. Clone the source code as followspas@192-168-1-4:~/temp$ git clone https://github.com/Samze/ibm-containers-simple-node-example
Cloning into 'ibm-containers-simple-node-example'...
remote: Counting objects: 63, done.
remote: Total 63 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 63
Unpacking objects: 100% (63/63), done.
Checking connectivity... done.
2. Build as shown below.pas@Pass-MacBook-Pro:~/bluemix-apps/CONTAINERS/ibm-containers-simple-node-example$ docker build -t (more...)
The IBM Watson Personality Insights service uses linguistic analysis to extract cognitive and social characteristics from input text such as email, text messages, tweets, forum posts, and more. By deriving cognitive and social preferences, the service helps users to understand, connect to, and communicate with other people on a more personalized level.
1. Clone the GitHub repo as shown below.pas@192-168-1-4:~/bluemix-apps/watson$ git clone https://github.com/watson-developer-cloud/personality-insights-nodejs.git
Cloning into 'personality-insights-nodejs'...
remote: Counting objects: 84, done.
The IBM Watson Tradeoff Analytics service helps you make better choices under multiple conflicting goals. The service combines smart visualization and recommendations for tradeoff exploration.
The following demo application shows how to use the IBM Watson Tradeoff Analytics Service from IBM Bluemix. This is the demo application for this service.
1. Clone the GitHub project as shown below.pas@pass-mbp:~/bluemix-apps/watson$ git clone https://github.com/watson-developer-cloud/tradeoff-analytics-nodejs.git
Cloning into 'tradeoff-analytics-nodejs'...
remote: Counting objects: 112, done.
remote: Total 112 (more...)