Have you been working on a cool application, solved a tricky embedded problem, or helped deliver an industrial-grade solution using Java?
There is a lot of great stuff happening in the embedded Java space. The world wants to hear about it.
JavaOne 2013 Call for Proposals - Closing in Two (2) Days!
Imagine sharing your passion and technical expertise at the largest Java community gathering in the world.
We’re still looking for impactful content within the following tracks:
- Client and Embedded Development with JavaFX
- Core Java Platform
- Edge Computing with Java (more...)
At JavaOne 2012 Oracle announced its entry into the small embedded space: Java ME Embedded 3.2.
Today we are announcing the availability of two exciting follow-up releases:
- Java ME Embedded 3.3 for Raspberry Pi (Early Access)
- Java ME SDK 3.3 (Early Access)
With these releases, Java developers can now develop feature-rich embedded Java ME applications and run them on the popular Raspberry Pi board. The new version supports a number of new or improved features:
- Support of Raspberry Pi Model B running Linux Wheezy hard float
- Multi-tasking virtual machine for running multiple applications concurrently and reliably
- Full-featured application (more...)