Recently while zipping a few directories for a clone, I got this error when the file size became greater than 2 GB.
File too large
zip error: Output file write failure (write error on zip file)
I tested the file system's ability to create files greater than 2 GB by creating a dummy 3GB file:
dd if=/dev/zero of=3gb-file bs=1024k count=3000
The 3 GB file got created without issues.
Then I checked the zip version.
$ zip -v
Copyright (c) 1990-2006 Info-ZIP - Type 'zip "-L"' for software license.
This is Zip 2.32 (June 19th 2006), by Info-ZIP.
Currently maintained (more...)
Raghava asked me about the languages and currencies being used in a new instance which has gone live. For languages we have this query:
For currencies, I told him that in EBS all currencies are enabled. I executed the following query:
It returned 71 rows.
Total rows in fnd_currencies was 249.
However, I thought of a more logical way of getting this data. That would be to query transaction tables. Which transaction table to query here ? I queried dba_segments for the largest objects:
from dba_segments (more...)
In SOA Suite the inspection.wsil URL is:
However this was showing the physical hostname of the server on which SOA Suite was installed. We had configured SOA to listen on virtual names. Rajiv Bhalla provided the solution to this problem by providing the My Oracle Support Article: Applications like Oracle IPM fail to retrieve WSDL's to SOA composites via URL's that use different protocol/hostname/port than they are configured to [ID 1290812.1]
1.Access the WebLogic server Admin console: e.g. http://host:port/console.
2.From the left pane, use the following path through the hierarchical menu to (more...)
SOA Managed Server wouldn't start with this error:
BEA-141281 unable to get file lock, will retry
On starting weblogic on Solaris 10, I got this error
Could not load the performance pack that can take advantage of /dev/(e)poll device due to:
I checked ulimit:
I reduced ulimit to 65534:
ulimit -n 65534
and weblogic started up fine.
I remember reading somewhere that java has array overflow issues if ulimit is set to maximum.