Oracle has announced release of Oracle e-business suite R12.2.3 through Steven Chan blog. Contents from Steven’s blog are: Instructions for downloading and applying the patch: Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2.3 Readme (Note 1586214.1) What Does EBS 12.2.3 Include? This Release Update Pack (RUP) for (more...)
Failure of server APACHE bridge:
No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF or method not idempotent.
If there is an issue with the oacore managed server, meaning apache is not able to connect to the oacore managed server, you'll see this (more...)
Source: Oracle® E-Business Suite
If you are a Quest member and missed my PeopleTools Tips and Techniques presentation last week, you can watch the recording on Quest's site at http://www.questdirect.org/learn/2629061/.
At OpenWorld 2013, I had the opportunity to catch up with Jeff Robbins and ask him some questions about PeopleSoft's User Experience. You can watch the video here:
Watch more videos from Oracle's User Experience team on the oracleuseableapps YouTube channel.
Some Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 configurations are managed via AutoConfig, and some are managed natively via Fusion Middleware Control or Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console.
The adRegisterWLSListeners tool has been introduced to perform synchronization of context variables with the associated (more...)
- adautocfg.sh - This script is used for running AutoConfig.
- adchkcfg.sh - This script may be run before running AutoConfig to review the changes on running AutoConfig.
- admkappsutil.pl - This script is used while applying patches to the database tier. Running this (more...)
- In previous Oracle E-Business Suite releases, the Applications services were categorized into service groups according to the type of service provided.
- In Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2, this concept has been extended by the introduction of additional services and service groups.
Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 requires WebLogic Server Basic.
This is a license-constrained version of WebLogic Server that is available in licenses for certain Oracle products.
WebLogic Server Basic is used in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 to support the following features:
- This release is largely focused on providing new technology stack components, new configuration options, and new system management tools.
- Supports for Online Patching.
- Use of Oracle WebLogic Server instead of AutoConfig for many (but not all) of AutoConfig's previous functions.
- Use of Oracle WebLogic Server instead of (more...)
This method applies to RHEL; let’s first install the VNC Server. Through yum command # yum install tigervnc-server Or Through RPM command First, locate and mount your RHEL 6.3 install media. [root@oraerp ~]# cd “/media/RHEL_6.3 x86_64 Disc 1/Packages” [root@oraerp Packages]# pwd /media/RHEL_6.3 x86_64 Disc 1/Packages Install (more...)
If you pay any attention to the Oracle enterprise applications space, you’re likely aware of the fuss being raised over the impending demise of Oracle Discoverer. Discoverer is a pretty nifty ad hoc reporting tool used for both enterprise (more...)
- It is a stand-alone command used for file system cloning.
- Standard cloning (using adcfgclone.pl) cannot be used to synchronize the run and patch file systems.
- This special phase must be run from the run file system, and cannot be specified with any other phase.
- It should be (more...)
If for some reason either the prepare or apply phase failed or gave problems, you can abort the patching cycle.
After running abort, you must always run a full cleanup
adop phase=cleanup cleanup_mode=full
This will remove any columns that were added by the patch but are no longer (more...)
Drops now-redundant columns and other objects which are not required after the cutover phase.
It is important that we do not omit the cleanup phase.
This step can be done after instance is released to Customer
The following actions are performed during cleanup:
- Drop covered objects
- Drop indexes
- How do we do it?
- Pre-Health Check