This blog is the 3rd in a serie of 3 blogposts. All regarding the different approaches we tested during our project where we had very content rich (a lot of documents) Oracle BPM processes.
New BPM Papers: Transforming Customer Experience & Cooking up successful business process management & BPM in Utility
- BPM: Transforming Customer Experience: The Convergence of Social, Mobile and Business Process Management
- BPM: Cooking Up Successful Business Process Management: A Tactical Approach
- BPM Solution Brief: Increasing Operational Efficiency: BPM in Utilities
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA (more...)
Connect to multiple SOA / BPM Virtual Machines from different computers in your network by Danilo Schmiedel
Today I’d like to explain how to share instances of Oracle's Pre-built Virtual Machine for SOA Suite and BPM Suite across different computers in your network.
Three requirements I had to address:
- Call of external services like GeoNames (http://www.geonames.org/postal-codes/) from within the BPM Suite VM
- Connection to multiple BPM Suite VMs from Host (e.g. JDeveloper and Browser)
- Connection to multiple BPM Suite VMs from different developer computers in the network
- Share data between VMs and developer computers via FTP
The default options already support connections between host and client. However the target here was to (more...)
What Oracle and some other BPM and ECM vendors call Adaptive Case Management – ACM – is called Dynamic case management by Forrester and others. The notion of a case and the need for these systems emerge from requirements elicited by existing Business (more...)
Most of them are captured in the following picture.
By default the Oracle BPM engine (Business Process Management) is configured so it won’t publish events to BAM (Business Activity Management). So should you choose to use BAM and use these great dashboards, you have set the DisableActions property to false/empty. Here is (more...)
The usecase for my sample application is:
A standalone application exists to create/update 'Departments'. Originally, it was not intended to be part of an automated process (BPEL or BPMN) but now business decided that their process for the creation of a department is actually more than just data entry in (more...)
Take for example creating process models that you can show in 2 different languages. With OBPM this is so simple, that I at first I could not find it because I was looking in the wrong place.
That is: simple if you realize that you (more...)
But before I do so, a brief explanation of (more...)
When installing Oracle BPM Suite 11g FP4 I ran into a couple of things, of which I thought I better write that down for some next time. If you are a SOA Suite (more...)
Instructions for Customers to get this are as follows:
- This is available as a patch under the following bug id: Patch 12413651: SOA PS4 BPM FEATURES PACK
- The patch is password protected and is (more...)
The idea is that this external system (let's call it system X), polls the engine to find out if there is a task to perform by some logged on (more...)