Many thanks to all those who attended my session "SQL Tuning without Trying" at Oracle Open World 2014 #oow14. I hope you found the session useful.
If you want to download the slide deck, here
it is. As always, I would really, really like to hear from you.
Now that Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3 (aka EM12cR3!) has been out for a few weeks, I decided to brave it and upgrade our Production stack today. In this post, I’ll be upgrading an EM12cR2 (18.104.22.168) installation which consists of two OMSes, running (more...)
Enterprise Manager Oracle Management Server (OMS) installations generate huge amounts of log and trace files under the covers these days, and although the logs are rotated out-of-the-box, they’re not automatically deleted. Over time (as I was reminded again today ), these logs can amount to a large portion of your (more...)
Original Post can be viewed at Upgrade Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
Oracle released 188.8.131.52 Enterprise Manager few days back and have released it for most of platforms. You can directly upgrade Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 1 (184.108.40.206) [with or without Bundle Patch 1] to 220.127.116.11 There are no pre patches required for this. But this upgrade requires considerable downtime. Oracle has termed this upgrade [...]
In order to meet the minimum security requirements, the SYSTEM user use must be restricted, only the actual DBA must have access to it. Other users requiring access to Enterprise Manager to monitor and "view" must be granted especific minimum privileges.
The SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE and the CONNECT
roles are good enough to see most of the E.M. contents, but when trying to access the Tablespaces page from Enterprise Manager
error shows up.
When tracing I discovered the query used to fill up the Tablespaces Page:SELECT /*+first_rows */ d.tablespace_name, NVL(a.bytes / 1024 / 1024, 0), DECODE(d. (more...)
I was recently refreshing a test database with production data (using datapump if anyone cares) and had forgotten to check the tablespace sizes between prod and test. During the load, I obviously ran out of space. A quick check in prod showed I needed 4GB of space. The test tablespace was set to grow to 2GB max. To add space, I performed a simple command to add the space.
ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE '/u01/oracle/data01/blah.dbf' RESIZE 8GB;
I resumed the datapump and went on my merry way. A few minutes later I received an email from Grid Control that the tablespace (more...)